Channeling Your Characters
In this interactive workshop, you’ll be exploring your main characters’ journeys, strengths, conflicts, and values. From these discussions and exercises, you can deepen your scenes and your plot with an emotional arc. And you’ll be able to individualize your plot events by determining where the characters start, where they end up, and how they get there through interacting with the other characters in the story events. Every exercise will apply directly to your own story, and Alicia will respond to each exercise individually with suggestions and feedback. Channel your characters, and deepen and individualize your story with insightful counsel!
About the Instructor
Alicia Rasley is the author of The Power of Point of View and The Story Within Plotbook. Her novel, The Year She Fell, was released from Belle Books and became a Kindle bestseller. She earned her MA in English Literature from Butler University, with the thesis The Family Vault: Women Buried Alive in Poe’s Short Fiction.
Some other accomplishments:
- RITA-award-winning and best-selling author
- Writing instructor, University of Maryland
- Former Popular Fiction visiting faculty, MFA Program
- Writing advisor, University of Maryland.
- Nationally known writing workshop leader
- Experienced content and acquisition editor
- Editing blogger: www.edittorrent.blogspot.com
- Craft of writing author: www.aliciarasley.com
- Writing blogger: www.plotblueprint.com
How to Register:
Class begins the fifth of the month and is conducted via Yahoo group. Register by paying the course fee ($30.08 SRW members, $40.08 nonmembers) on our Payments page. No Refunds, except in the case class is cancelled.
Shortly before the class begins, the moderator will send you an invitation to join the group. The invitation will be sent to the email shown on your PayPal payment, so if you wish to use a different email address or have questions, please contact OnlineClassModerator@TucsonRWA.org.